• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Howdy From Austin TX

LEW

Hatchling
Registered
Hi y'all, I have browsed TONMO off and on for awhile now. I'm from Austin, TX. I don't have any cephs, but hope to someday. I am experienced in marine and fw aquarium care. I maintained the aquaria Texas A&M before moving to Austin. I am now a research assistant at UT. My only aquarium right now is a 2 liter nano-reef I keep on my bench top.

Any other Austinites on TONMO? I would love to learn from you and your successes keeping cephs.

Neogonodactylus

Haliphron Atlanticus
Staff member
Welcome. Lectured there a few times, but not lately. With all the rain you guys have been having, perhaps you should stick to freshwater aquaria for awhile. If they get flooded, it won't be fatal to the occupants.

Roy

Well hi Lew, I'm the other Austinite!

I'm home for a few weeks more till i return to one last year at A&M in Galveston for my Marine Science degree. Welcome!

LEW

Hatchling
Registered
Thanks guys.

Flufflysquid, do you have tanks in Austin or do you keep everything in Galveston?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hi Lew,

Welcome to TONMO.com! :welcome:

I'm another North Texan (Dallas). We also have members in the Houston/Galveston area.

Nancy

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HissHisss

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak