How to preserve octopus?

Oktoputeao said:
This name almost make me crazy!!!!
So simply like methanal, wood alcohol.

Just to further complicate things, a point of clarification between the to methan__ compounds (Yes, they're different!).

Methanal - CH2O
- Also known as 'Formaldehyde' (Old name)
- Preservative

Methanol - CH3OH
- Also known as 'Wood alcohol'
- Very poisonous

Love that IUPAC!

Cheers!

I have a paper here on how to preserve cephs...may help.

Roper, C.F.E., Sweeney, M.J. 1983. Techniques for fixation, preservation, and curation of cephalopods. Memoirs of the National Museum Victoria, 44:29-47

hope it helps

:biggrin2: :read:

What a confusíon! Too many sinonims, too many languages ( spanish english portugues and català) and too fast reading speed. What a great mistake I did. For me the easyer names are formol or formaldeyde. But is great to know that can be called also methanal. Thanks guy.

Bathypol; can you scan this paper? Send me it by mail to [email protected] always if you want, please.
Thanks.

Cheers
Carles:snorkel:

Sorry, can't scan the paper. But I'm sure you can find it online or through your library. If all else fails, check out the Smithsonian website, since Clyde Roper is working out of there, it may be posted. Cephbase is also a good place to check.

Good luck with the search. :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back