HELP BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!

Octomush said:
Do I really have to let him go?

It's 100% up to you. I believe the experts have spoken already. Now nobody is going to force you to release the squid. Follow your heart... and if that fails, just release the lil' ceph :wink:

TPOTH

Sorry to hear about the squid, mayhap you'll be able to catch another. If there's one there should be more. Sorry that I can't be of more help, but good luck with him.

Thx.... If he acts strange I am going to let him go, at the first sign of illness or panic. In the mean time what can I feed him? Can I feed him frozen brine shrimp? Hes very tiny smaller than 1"...

Brine shrimp isn't good for cephs, they've been known to stunt the growth in baby octos. You could try mysis or any of the other stuff Steve mentioned above.

Octomush said:
Thx.... If he acts strange I am going to let him go, at the first sign of illness or panic. In the mean time what can I feed him? Can I feed him frozen brine shrimp? Hes very tiny smaller than 1"...

Not a good idea! Brine shimps are kind of like us living on a diet of lettuce! Try mysids or krill of you can get it!

J

Aye I am goin out to the bay tonight to get my squid some food. Oh yeah hoow long can they live without food? Because I havnt fed it for like 3 days!

Octomush said:
Because I havnt fed it for like 3 days!

Octomush, if you let that squid go tomorrow then I promise you that I will send some of the equipment that you need to get you started; basics like an air pump, air hoses and stone, drilled pipe to serve as airlift, and a protein skimmer. You send me a pm with your address details and you'll have the equipment in a couple of weeks, in addition to instructions on how to use it.

The US system (in Hawaii); are the two upper holes in a plug configured / \ or | | ?

Some of my students (they're hardly 'students' anymore - they're really good) have just made a tank and sump system out of recycled garbage (and I'm not joking - they just collected their pipes from toilets in a condemned building, and other parts from various drums, filters and pipes of no value what-so-ever!). Jason, Felipe, why don't you post images of your system online to help out Octomush?? A good tank design can be made out of rubbish - you'd be pleasantly surprised.

Please let the animal go tomorrow morning in the same place that you found it. I will send the equipment then, and only then, but you must promise me that you have actually let the animal go!
Me

He died.... Sorry... Thanks though. I found him all white and stiff. After I got home from school. Then I picked him up to see if he was alive and my STUPID FAT GOBY swam up and ate him right out of my hand! GOD I HATE THAT FRIGGIN GOBY!!!!!!!!! And thats great that those people made a suid tank out of junk like that.. But I have barely built a usefull thing in my life.... Maybe one day though. And I SWEAR had I known the squid was sick I would have let him go! Sorry.... :cry:

Hi Octomush,

I see Steve has already responded to you over in the Marketplace Forum.

He's right, we all have to learn from our mistakes. You're great at catching cephs but you need to set up the proper equipment and tank for keeping them. (And that includes having the right food ready for them when they arrive.)

Steve's given you good information and even offered you equipment. Take him up on this and start learning more about keeping squid and about salt water tanks. There's a wealth of info right here on TONMO.com and we stand by to answer your questions.

You can learn to build things, too.

Nancy

Steve O'Shea said:
Some of my students (they're hardly 'students' anymore - they're really good) have just made a tank and sump system out of recycled garbage (and I'm not joking - they just collected their pipes from toilets in a condemned building, and other parts from various drums, filters and pipes of no value what-so-ever!).
:? you care to edit this post, sir? Potential deniability and all that....

So sad for the lil squid.... :cry:

TPOTH

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back