• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks, like Site Search. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Grimalditeuthis

kariann

Blue Ring
Registered
I just shared this with a friend of mine with the last name "Grimaldi." I must say, I'm a wee bit jealous. I with there was a squid that shared my last name! This is a bizarre one for sure!

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
OMG! I like both those options! However... you may want to have a word with Heather... or else you are going to be stuck with a squid that looks like it popped out of an animated cartoon. (Recall the Cranchiidae family thread for references).

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
While you are looking, O. or S. monti montyi montiteuthis or a similar find would be special to locate.

I DO have a seahorse: H. denise but no O. denisei :biggrin2:

kariann

Blue Ring
Registered
I don't think I deserve to have any creature named after me :boohoo: not that I wouldn't love to have a a VanReenenteuthis. It doesn't have such a great ring to it like Tonmoteuthis does.

Is there a Kuboderateuthis? Is O. shea just a coincidence? :wink:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug B

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak