• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Giant squid on display at Melbourne Aquarium

dub_doctor

Blue Ring
Registered
Phil said:
Anyone fancy going?

A report and photos would be a lovely addition here...

I live in Melbourne! We plan to go early next week, and I will post something on squidblog. For now I just have this information: http://www.squidblog.net/2005/12/20/melbourne-aquariums-giant-squid/ (and if you'd looked at squidblog you'd have seen this news 2 days ago).

For those of you who can't get to Melbourne you can look at a video report here: http://media.fairfax.com.au/?rid=17723&site=age

dub_doctor

Blue Ring
Registered
Clem said:
Hello Dub_Doctor,

$10 if you lick the ice-block.

Cheers,
Clem

Hell - I'd PAY $10 to get a chance to lick the ice block! Though I may consider that to be part of the $23 admission price.

krin

GPO
Registered
I'll be going along too as soon as I can but the $23 entry fee is a little steep! I can join for $47 and get unlimited entry so I mmight do that instead. Hopefully this means there will be lots of squid stuf in the gift shop. Hey Dub Doc, want to meet up and go "oh" and "ar" at the exhibit?

Cheers, KRin

dub_doctor

Blue Ring
Registered
krin said:
Hey Dub Doc, want to meet up and go "oh" and "ar" at the exhibit?

Cheers, KRin

Sounds like a good idea - we may even be able to get together for a "family" ticket. ('Cos all of us at TONMO are family, aren't we?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak