• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Further to Yesterday's Giant Squid Media frenzy...

And, now that we know what they actually look like, it can surely only be a matter of time before we start catching them and serving them up with a samphire garnish in the nation's most bourgeois eating establishments.
Riight...now we should change "bourgeois" to "idiotic" and inform the uninformed new agency that any sane TONMO member could tell you that Hatt was correct and he was not "raining on their parade" or a "spoilsport", it just that he has common sense. Dimwits.

Now where did I put the red wine to soak the Archi?

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Come now, Chrono, I know it's the pipe-dream of intellectuals to reach the cud-chewing herd, but it's never going to happen! Let them believe! It makes them happy. It also keeps them away with all their dangerous pitch-forks, torches, and muskets! Do you know what it costs to repair a good tesla coil these days? Let alone replace a loyal hunchbacked manservant?! It's astronomical!:madsci:

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
erich orser said:
Actually, Chrono, you use a jacob's ladder for teacher-zapping.
1 out of 1 mad scientists surveyed vote for tesla coils; sorry Erich:

http://www.lod.org

(see also http://www.srl.org although they team with the above for their lightning... if you go to their shows, bring ear protection and check your survival instincts at the door.)

Van de Graaff generators are also worthy of consideration.

Of course any of these has potential so it's not good to show an unfair bias lest we be charged with trying to polarize the current views on the subject.

If you want to irradiate a teacher with neutrons, consider a
fusor.

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I was just impressed with the terrifying effect a live jacob's ladder had on Bela Lugosi when he worked for Ed Wood. Rather dangerous, but very cheap to manufacture!

Monty, did you see SRL when they were down here last time?

...and back on topic.

UK's Daily Mail had a full page article that I shall paraphrase here for you now:

ahem!

"******* Hell! There's a Colossal Squid too! It's got hooks and suckers!"

They also go on to say that, yes, it could indeed "rip a man apart!"

(For UK cephfans, I would just like to state that I don't buy The Daily Mail, I have to check it through for books as part of my job).

..and falling straight off topic again. What you chaps need, is this book...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/104-0513832-4294323?v=glance&s=books

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak