• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Farewell to Ollie: Burial at Sea

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hello all,

Mid-January Bill and I made a trip to Galveston, with Ollie's remain's in a cooler.

We put her in a canvas bag (sailors were always buried in canvas). I had painted Ollie's picture on the bag. We added some pretty Galveston shells to the bag, too. At night we went out on a boat and slipped the bag into the the water, burial at sea for a fine octopus.

Nancy

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I think that's one of the most special things ive seen on the site...

That's very sad Nancy, as she seemed such a little character, and was enjoyable to follow in progress. You certainly had a very close rapport with her.

Although you couldnt of given a more appropriate send off, very thoughtful.

Latest Posts