• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Even Blackadder likes cephs

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Well, OK, actually it's Baldrick...

This is the episode in Series 3 (Victorian, I think) where George decides he's going to become clever by giving patronage to the new dictionary Dr. Johnson has been writing for ten years. Blackadder has also written a novel, which he terms his magnum opus, to which Baldrick replies that he, too, has a 'magnificent octopus' - a novel which, I believe, reads 'There once was a sweet little sausage called Baldrick. And he lived happily ever after.'

:octopus:

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Didn't Rowan Atkins go down hill from Blackadder?

'I beleive that the phrase I am looking for rhymes with "Clucking Bell"' fav quote :smile:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
We are kinda bummed here in AZ....Blackadder hasn't been on the air here for over a year!
Greg

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Colin said:
Didn't Rowan Atkins go down hill from Blackadder?
Yeah, I agree. Can't believe anyone found 'Mr Bean' funny. It was as about as humour filled as a particularly virulent skin disease.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
ahh yeah... mr bean was a fine example of how crap it all got!

Its cringeworthy to watch :mrgreen:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
What about the new spy movie he is in??? The trailer actually looks pretty funny...of course, that could be the only funny bit of the whole film, I suppose...oh well.
Greg

Well, maybe I'm just a dumb Yank, but I and the rest of Clan Danae (all two of them) thought MR. BEAN was a hoot. Then again, we like Da Stooges too. (A goil who likes Da Stooges? Why soitenly!)

P'raps in me own case 'twas parental influence -- me late Da' (born within the sound of Bow Bells) got me inter watchin' BENNY 'ILL and goin' ter CARRY ON movies....

Tani Hill
'Arf-Cockney Since 1950

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
if youve been watching carrion movies and keeping this fellow benny ill for half a century, maybe you shouldnt continue.... or maybe two absurd dialects dont mix :P

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
"I'll get you Henry Higgins ,just you wait?"
Do I win a prize or something????
Greg

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK