• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

enjoying ammonites as unique jewelry

wired rocks

Hatchling
Registered
Greetings,
Having had the opportunity to see neat ammontie and ceph fossils at a large gem and mineral show, I became interested in knowing more about them. Wanting to find a way to enjoy the beautiful ammonites, I have tried to make them into wearable art for myself and for others to enjoy as well. If anyone else has done this, I would be interested in hearing from you. If anyone wants to see my wire wrapped fossils, feel free to contact me.
Kind regards,
Wired Rocks

Attachments

• conv_303079.jpg
    conv_303079.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 25
  • conv_303080.jpg
    conv_303080.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 26
For those of you who attended Tonmocon II, you may recognize the work. I got my necklace and earrings from her. :welcome:
I'm glad you joined us.

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Those are really lovely! Nice work indeed.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Nice! I've done a little wire wrapping but not much (I lost patience!!!! It's hard to get the right wire here!) What wires are you using?

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak