• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

disgusting.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I've seen this before :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I think it's masquerading as an educational programme too, at least that's the impression I get from the diagram of the octopus and the white coats:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

REAL Japanese researchers are not like this at all eg :drk:

j

I wish the octo had done serious damage to everybody involved with this disgusting display. Poor thing just wanted to get back in the water, no doubt. They probably ate him afterwards! They should all lose their jobs, at the very least. Don't they have any laws regarding cruelty to animals over there?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I don't know if they have animal cruelty laws or not...they certainly mistreat quite a lot of their food animals.

spooky

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Jean;93971 said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I've seen this before :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I think it's masquerading as an educational programme too, at least that's the impression I get from the diagram of the octopus and the white coats:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

REAL Japanese researchers are not like this at all eg :drk:

j
any chance you'd like to describe what was in the video for those of us who don't have the stomach to watch?

aximbigfan

GPO
Registered
spooky;94005 said:
any chance you'd like to describe what was in the video for those of us who don't have the stomach to watch?
a bunch of stupid japanees "game show hosts" decided it would be a good idea to put (what looks like) a gpo in a small tank, then take it out of the water and wrestle with it. they also picked it up with their mouths by biting it.

the whole time i was hopign that the octo would crawl out and start eatign them. leavign them screaming in agony in pools of their own blood.....

chris

aximbigfan;94008 said:
a bunch of stupid japanees "game show hosts" decided it would be a good idea to put (what looks like) a gpo in a small tank, then take it out of the water and wrestle with it. they also picked it up with their mouths by biting it.

the whole time i was hopign that the octo would crawl out and start eatign them. leavign them screaming in agony in pools of their own blood.....

chris
Me too!:mad:

Cruel..but to say that this is disgusting would be a exaggeration, when compared to other things that poeple do. All that I see was the octo not really bothered to move from its place when the man was in the tank trying to pry if off the bottom. Same thing happens when the octo was on top of the guy.

This is pitiful, but not terrifyingly disgusting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak