• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Cuttle fight sequence

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I witnessed an actual fight between two cuttles, and now think that those rings on their mantles are from bites. This fight was nasty, with one of the cuttles holding on to the back of anothers mantle for at least 5 seconds. There was also lots of grabbing and fast tumbling, which is very different from the more usual slow posturing. No video of this because the still camera was in reach.

Wow..Ive never seen any of mine do that! Especially that pose with all the tantacles open wide like that. Mine had many circular scars, so maybe I just never witnessed it.

Good Job!

Mine fight at least once a week, once when Cuddly had his tentacles spread out like that, I could see his beak. I have witnessed at least three really bad fights, where they are twirling and twisting throughout the tank.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneMom6800

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak