• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

can anybody please id

mejiggery

Hatchling
Registered
Hi
I`ve had this little octopus for a few months now, and seems to be doing fine, but i really don't have a clue as too which type of octopus it is. The body length is around 4cm long. Obvoiusly changes colour but when it goes really dark shades it has a white stripe down the length of its body.

Attachments

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
mejiggery said:
Hi
I`ve had this little octopus for a few months now, and seems to be doing fine, but i really don't have a clue as too which type of octopus it is. The body length is around 4cm long. Obvoiusly changes colour but when it goes really dark shades it has a white stripe down the length of its body.

Like this? (female thai reef octopus)

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Oh, certainly not suggesting it's the same species, merely the same colouration :biggrin2:

There are a few pygmy's around that are kept by hobbyists, I guess there's bound to be someone who'll 've done a proper ID before I'd even have typed tolweb.org...

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak