• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Both Steve & Kat offline for a while

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Coz we're both in the States, separately, in two separate places (talk about poor planning).

We should both be back online soon enough, in July (Steve on the 8th and Kat a little later).

Welcome good-old US of A; yeeha TONMOCON II!

Knock yourself out in this forum in the interim, although beware, we will be keeping an eye on it for sure.

Steve, what kind of alcohol did you say we needed for our squid beaks? Also, I can't remember the name of the squid species my beak came from. Do you remember, or do I need to send you a picture of it?

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Hi Sharon. Sorry, I missed this. One of 40% isopropyl alcohol, 70% ethanol, or ~80% methylated spirit (minus the purple stuff). Vodka will do fine!

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Steve O'Shea;97364 said:
Hi Sharon. Sorry, I missed this. One of 40% isopropyl alcohol, 70% ethanol, or ~80% methylated spirit (minus the purple stuff). Vodka will do fine!

Is 70% isopropyl OK? The cheap "rubbing alcohol" here is that, also available at double the price as anhydrous 98% or similar. They also were selling everclear 75.5% grain ethanol, but that's ten times the price because you can get drunk off it... (we also have 75.5% ethanol rum, but it's got a bit more flavor than the grain stuff, so I thought it might have organic crud in it...)

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Kats coming to my house, Kats coming to my house...
Should I have Neil Diamond playing to welcome her?

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Please do!

Lock up any children, pets, and anything shiny! She has a reputation you know!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Steve,
Why would you lock up the children? Pets and shiny things I understand but if children go missing I suspect she would pay to be able to return them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kezrah

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak