• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Because what's in the bible matters to science

No, It doesn't

The Bible is full of contradictions and questionable precepts. To humor its' supporters even with tounge in cheek questions and debate lends it a credibility it does not merit. The Bible is mythology, not science, and there is no room for compromise in that. To attempt to reconcile the two is to take away the credibility and impartiality of the Scientific Process.

Toren,

It did say that "octopus and squid could be considered non-living". Not that they were dead. I agree with cletusthebold. God said that he created everything in 7 days (if I remember correctly). Do you also not believe in dinosaurs then? Animals evolved into what they are now. The bible is myth, and it depends on what you believe. I do not think that it means that octopus and squid literally do not have a pulse, a heartbeat, or any life in their body. It is probably in some way shape or form, symbolic. Just saying what I believe. If you want to believe that octopus and squid are dead, far be it from me to stop you.

Brock Fluharty

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Uh oh, Toren, methinks certain folk here missed out on your sardonic sense of humor!:lol:

Hey, I know we're talking standard-order cephalopods here, but what of the deity that can be both dead and dreaming at the same time? Does it count as living or dead? Of course, there's an entire forum devoted to that guy...:cthulhu:

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I wouldn't go so far as to say the 'bible' is myth, and don't believe we should be having this conversation online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak