[Article]: Cephalopod Tattoos

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Thanks to the respondents to our survey, I was able to put together this brief article on cephalopod tattoos, which is a popular topic with many TONMO.com visitors. Enjoy, and thanks again for the responses from folks who own them!
Cephalopod Tattoos

Last edited:
Good article, Tony. It was interesting to learn why people chose a ceph for a tattoo and how they felt about the tattoo itself. Should be an inspiration for others!

Nancy

Hope this is the right place for these. I just thought I would share my new tattoo of Architeuthis dux with everyone. Unfortunately I have to go back to get the hooks placed on the suckers of the tentacles.

What is another hour after 10 1/2 anyways? (and it did not hurt at all):lol:

Greg

Attachments

• conv_292189.jpg
    conv_292189.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 200
  • conv_292190.jpg
    conv_292190.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 210
  • conv_292191.jpg
    conv_292191.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 242
  • conv_292192.jpg
    conv_292192.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 253
Oh yeah.

My reasoning behind the tattoo was simple. The giant squid is what originally got me interested in Marine Biology when I was about 5 and the rest is history.

Greg

Although a little late...nice job on the article Tony!!

This is one of the best ceph tattoos I've ever seen, Greg!
Both the design and execution are excellent.
Was it done in Houston?

Nancy

Fresh Tat, thought I would share.

I have loved the ocean since I was little, and octopus and other ceph's have always been my main focus. I just recently got this Tattoo, and it came out spectacular. I'll post another pic when its fully healed.

Attachments

• conv_296908.jpg
    conv_296908.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 231
...and then of course, there is mine from last weekend, designed by octopussyaz:
tat2.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back