drakanorn

GPO
Registered
first the pics :biggrin2:

04ck8.jpg

01um3.jpg

02ex9.jpg

now a little story
last night i woke up at early to the sound of my filter malfunctioning. after realizing fluffy wasnt in the main tank turning off the filter and cheaking the floors i noticed his wiglling arounf past the blue netting on my overflow :bugout: were the heater filter and acces to the outside is. as soon as i lifted the blue netting he pulled himself into the main tank but what a scare! he seems fine now and all limbs are in tact.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
We've seen a lot of reports of octos trying to get out of the tank when they notice something is off with the water quality... I'm assuming you've taken care of the filter problem, but it's probably wise to check the water parameters and do a water change as well if you haven't already.

drakanorn

GPO
Registered
i checked the params and everything seems fine. ill have my LFS do a double check for me next time i get a chance. im doing a water change for safety
and i rinsed out his prefilter.
its possible that he just covered up the netting with his body any the water pressure broke the netting seal sending fluffy into the filter area
the filter problem itself was cause because fluffy was blocking the water flow up.

[EDIT] i cheaked my nitrates again and they are indeed hight at 40ppm. off to do more water changes!

drakanorn

GPO
Registered
will do last night i brought my trates down to 30 and im hopeing to bring it back down to

Latest Posts