• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

WEIRD CEPH TRADITIONS

DocidicusGigas

GPO
Registered
Call out! I wanna hear some!

Here's one: People throw octopi onto the ice during Detroit Red Wings hockey games.

Sedusa

GPO
Registered
I worship at the blood soaked altar of the octopus-headed Great Old One who will destroy the world and reclaim it's ashes in the name of all that is eldritch and unspeakable... Does that count?

:cthulhu:

Sedusa said:
I worship at the blood soaked altar of the octopus-headed Great Old One who will destroy the world and reclaim it's ashes in the name of all that is eldritch and unspeakable... Does that count?

:cthulhu:

Sounds fun, but who is the octopus headed Great Old One?

Hi Nick

You might enjoy some H.P. Lovecraft, although I can't remember which ones feature Chthulu most. I like your photos fromt eh Great Barrier Reef - this makes me want to go there. I'll see if we have any pictures from snorkeling in the Sea of Cortes in Mexico, but I think all the photos are from land.

Melissa

Sedusa

GPO
Registered
Hi Nick,

Cthulhu is a mythical god from the stories of H.P. Lovecraft, a horror writer from the 20's and 30's. A lot of us who are ceph nuts are also fans of Cthulhu and HP Lovecraft in general. I would suggest picking up the collection of short stories, Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and The Macabre for a good introduction to his work.

Saul

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantbey

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak