• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Video Features on Giant Squid etc...

Toren

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I wonder if anyone has compiled a list of video and film specials/features/articles on cephalopods. I know there have been a couple of programs on giant squid, plus there is the deep sea episode of blue planet or whatever it was called which while not specifically squiddy did kind of fall into the purvue of our tentacled friends.

Edit:
Chasing Giants: On the Trail of the Giant Squid (Discovery Channel)
Quest of the Giant Squid (Discovery)
Ultimate Explorer: Devils of the Deep (National Geographic???)
Incredible Suckers (Nature)

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
I just saw again on PBS this evening the hour-long special about public aquariums where they briefly discuss breeding Nautilus in Waikiki.

Dan

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Toren said:
Good call. Maybe one of the moderators can move this thread to the appropriate forum? Sorry about that!

Hi Toren. You are more than welcome to sift through earlier and present threads and compile an up-to-date list of documentaries/features involving this animal (and others) - in fact it would be very much appreciated if you/someone would!! With a list, and would it not be marvelous to have a library and review of each, and a quick email to Tony with the final product (or simple posting online), you would do the cephalopod community a huge service!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak