The NY Times is saying that two Japanese Scientists have caught a giant squid on film

And here's a link with Steve O' saying a few things about 'sex-crazed' squid.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3426442a11,00.html

...More recently, Dr O'Shea began trying to lure giant squid into camera range by squirting squid pheromones, sexual scents, into the ocean off the South Island.

"These things come into New Zealand waters to breed," Dr O'Shea said of the squid.

"They're sex-crazed."

:sink: -

Citation for article not yet available

Article will be in "Proceedings of the Royal Society B : Biological Sciences" is is listed currently as upcoming.

It's also not available free - darn.

KRin

chrono_war01 said:
And here's a link with Steve O' saying a few things about 'sex-crazed' squid.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3426442a11,00.html

:sink: -

The pinhead who wrote that article also wrote:

"The filming has beaten New Zealand squid expert Steve O'Shea, of Auckland, who mounted several fruitless expeditions to film giant squid in the wild."

Fruitless? That knocked the wind out of me! Never mind. I call them pinhead because I've got a little doll here, reserved for just such a purpose. Ouch!

Steve O'Shea said:
The pinhead who wrote that article also wrote:

"The filming has beaten New Zealand squid expert Steve O'Shea, of Auckland, who mounted several fruitless expeditions to film giant squid in the wild."

Fruitless? That knocked the wind out of me! Never mind. I call them pinhead because I've got a little doll here, reserved for just such a purpose. Ouch!

Well, you can rest assured that all of us here find your research quite fruity... er, I mean fruitful! fruitful! Ok, really just cool... and anyway, you'll certainly have the last laugh when your armies of architeuthis you've raised from pups are sent to dismantle the newspaper office!

Hmmmmm,

monty said:
Well, you'll certainly have the last laugh when your armies of architeuthis you've raised from pups are sent to dismantle the newspaper office!
Armies???? Ok , squid marines. Personally I like armadas better. Led by captain :twisted:, no doubt.

Now that we can find one, it's only a matter of time before one is caught alive. Who ever does that will be the famous one. Steve? Ring ring. Pick up the phone!

Inside joke, I read that New Yorker story about his expedition with one of their reporters. That was the one where Steve is approached by the local fisherman who named his cat "Archie" after he saw the discovery "Chasing giants" docu.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back