• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

The NY Times is saying that two Japanese Scientists have caught a giant squid on film

talarohk

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Fantastic. Does anyone know where we can find video or photos?
I found this on Yahoo News, from Reuters. I hope it's OK to repost it here...

parandroidx

Hatchling
Registered
wow thats really cool.

i've actually been a lurker here ever since the colossal squid pictures came up, and i love this website.

so i was wondering.

Steve, what have you heard about all of this?

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Parandroidx, welcome!! Seems you've been here for quite a while, but glad you have de-lurked! :smile:

Re: copyright, I've removed the article from being reprinted here; links are OK but recreating article content would be a violation. Re: the pictures, I think we're OK there -- it seems to be common form on message communities to share photos. In any event, per our Terms of Service, each of you are responsible for what you post. :wink:
:police:

parandroidx

Hatchling
Registered
oh sorry about that. i guess you all will have to register on the nytimes website, but its free anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak