• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

STIKFAS!

OctopusV

GPO
Registered
It's like they know meeeee....

As Tonmo's resident Stikfas enthusiast, I think that I should be the one to report on this minor bit of news. I had first suggested that one of the organizers of TonmoCon try to get ahold of the Singapore-based action figure kit company to see if they could make a simple fig with the Con's name printed on it as they have made in the past for other such gatherings. This is not what I expected. Coming this summer is the Stikfas Alpha Male Diver With Octopus. Including parts to switch the SCUBA diver to Hardhat and the Octopus to a Squid and it's even in traditional Tonmo Orange. Perhaps we can get a hold of a few to hand out at TonmoCon, it seems like a neat idea to me.

Click here for pics.

Yeah, it's rigid, but I think it's as good as it's going to get. The Octopus is even in Netsuke style with removeable siphon.

Post your thoughts here.

Vote about the possibilities for a TonmoCon Stikfas promo here.

OctopusV

GPO
Registered
Yes, that's what I thought. Who here thinks that we should see if we could get Stikfas to make a few of the Octopus blister packs with "TonmoCon '05" printed on them for the con?

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
OctopusV said:
Yes, that's what I thought. Who here thinks that we should see if we could get Stikfas to make a few of the Octopus blister packs with "TonmoCon '05" printed on them for the con?

I do!! :smile:

OctopusV

GPO
Registered
I just got back from Tony and he's all for giving these out at the con, I have yet to here back from Stikfas regarding whether a TonmoCOn Stikfas promo would be possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasjedlicka

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak