• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Something VERY strange.

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Registered
No kiddin! :P It's just I don't understand it. Their biology wouldn't seem to work in a freshwater environment, but; A) I don't see how someone could bear to put an octopus in freshwater. B) I don't think an octo could get that far in freshwater.

BUT HOW IN THE SAM-HILL, COULD A FRESHWATER OCTO EXIST?! :bonk:

Gabe
P.S. I'm leanin towards "don't have a farging clue". :P

a rabid squid

GPO
Registered
adapted?

there is a way for saltwater fish to live in freshwater by slowly diluding the water but this would take many generations if there were octos at the mouth of the river they could adapt over a long period of time

OctopusV

GPO
Registered
When dealing with something as complex as an octopus in this conundrum, it's a real head-scratcher, but then again, I'd like to bring to the table the fact that a few months ago a little girl in Nebraska found a species of freshwater jellyfish, and if there isn't any species of freshwater octo, then we should go out and make some by doing what a rabid squid said.

If it is true which it very well could be... Someone who lives near one of the rivers or lakes listed should go diving and look for octos! In rivers and lakes they would have an abuntant supply of crayfish and they like those! If it were true it could revolutionize the aquarium industry! Sorta... :P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustyn

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak