Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

THREE SPECIAL SEMINARS ON PALEONTOLOGY

by Dr. Ellis Yochelson
U. S. Geological Survey and Smithsonian Institution
Washington D.C.

Tuesday, March 28, at 2:00-3:00 PM in Room 517 WBB: "Climactichnites, or Were There Honda Motorcycle Tracks in the Late Cambrian?"

Wednesday, March 29, at 8:35-9:25 AM in Room 517 WBB:
"Origin and Early History of the Mollusks"

Wednesday, March 29, at 2:00-3:00 PM in Room 517 WBB:
"Charles Doolittle Walcott - the Remarkable Man who Found the Remarkable Burgess Shale Fossils"

Dr. Yochelson is one the world's pre-eminent Cambrian paleontologists, whose career includes a long list of publications on strange and problematical Lower Paleozoic and Precambrian fossils from all over the world. He has authored two major books on the history of the Smithsonian Institution and the life of C. D. Walcott (founder of the Smithsonian and discoverer of the famous Middle Cambrian Burgess Shale fossil beds in British Columbia). Dr. Yochelson is the original organizer and prime mover of the North American Paleontological
Convention. Anyone and everyone are invited to all three of his special lectures, all of which will be given in Room 517 of the William Browning Building on campus.

At the University of Utah in Salt Lake City,

I think I'll get sick tommorow and go to the one on Mollusks.

Architeuthoceras said:
I think I'll get sick tommorow and go to the one on Mollusks.

Do it Kevin, throw a sickie. These lectures all sound fascinating, you'd kick your self if you missed a talk on the origin of nautiloids! There's bound to be a Q&A session too I'm sure, so you really can't miss this.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back