Potentially Unbelievable Discovery: Did a sea monster make an artwork… out of bones?

Thales;182682 said:
Fun talk with PR. Looks like they will be taking a good angle on this.

Will this be on the internet? Or local newspaper? I'm interested to see the result if conveniently possible. Thanks.

The Revenge of the Imaginary Kraken - Wired News

[SIZE=-2]New Scientist (blog)[/SIZE]

The Revenge of the Imaginary Kraken
[SIZE=-1]Wired News[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Contrary to my expectations, I did not have nightmares about gargantuan squid tangling with enormous ichthyosaurs in the shadowy reaches of the sea last night. That's probably for the best – the mythical beastie has claimed enough of my ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Prehistoric giant squid may have hunted ichthyosaurs[SIZE=-1]New Scientist (blog)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Gigantic KRAKEN fingered in prehistoric murder mystery[SIZE=-1]Register[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The giant, prehistoric squid that ate common sense[SIZE=-1]Ars Technica[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]International Business Times AU -National Geographic[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 133 news articles[/SIZE]

More...

A close analysis of the quarry-face at the Dinosaur National Monument visitor's center reveals a formation that uncannily mimics the shape of a giant fresh-water stingray.

It is my hypothesis that a giant fresh-water stingray stung a bunch of dinosaurs to death and then arranged their bones to form this, the self-portait of a 1km-long giant freshwater stingray.

Clem

Attachments

• conv_298720.jpg
    conv_298720.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 96
Did giant octopus kill ichthyosaurs found in Nevada? - Nevada Appeal

[SIZE=-2]International Business Times[/SIZE]

Did giant octopus kill ichthyosaurs found in Nevada?
[SIZE=-1]Nevada Appeal[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In what Nature Magazine dubbed “Kraken versus ichthyosaur,” a paleontologist has issued a paper saying the fossilized marine reptiles at Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park in central Nevada were killed by a giant cephalopod —a squid- or octopus-like ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A strange, bone-filled lair: Proof the Kraken existed?[SIZE=-1]The Week Magazine[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Giant Kraken Lair Found: Did the Sea Monster Really Prey on Ichthyosaurs?[SIZE=-1]International Business Times[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Scientist says hes found evidence for an ancient kraken[SIZE=-1]Houston Chronicle (blog)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 6 news articles »[/SIZE]

More...

Seeing A Cephalopod In Ancient Bones - NPR

Seeing A Cephalopod In Ancient Bones
[SIZE=-1]NPR[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Paleontologist Mark McMenamin explains his controversial theory that the bones were put there by a giant, ancient octopus-like creature. IRA FLATOW, host: This is SCIENCE FRIDAY. I'm Ira Flatow. If you attended a session, Session 120 at this week's ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Scientist: Giant squid or octopus-like creature killed Nevada dinosaurs[SIZE=-1]Las Vegas Sun[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 4 news articles[/SIZE]

More...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back