• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Pics of cuttle 'I'm a man' display

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Hey guys,

I reintroduced the two groups of bandensis tonight and the fireworks were spectacular!

Wow, I can't believe you had all four males in a display! That's mine doubled... I love it when they spread their arms wide like that. Thanks for sharing.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
cuttlegirl;87281 said:
:biggrin2: All that fighting over one cute, little girl, and she doesn't even seem to notice!

well you don't want to give the wrong impression, she's probably not that kind of girl! :lol:

Great pics!

J

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Heh,

There are three females in there and they all seem to be that kind of girl. I am amazed that the four males will be going at it on one side of the tank and a female will swim all the way over to 'get some'. Sometimes, 3 males will be blustering while the other male is 'getting some' a few inches away.

What is really interesting to me right now is the size difference between the males and females. The males are HUGE this time around!

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HissHisss

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak