• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Photo gallery from the mediterranean sea

Scubacastor

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hello,

I made a photo album of some cephalopods we meet during night dive near Nice in France. The introducing text is in french but I am sure you already know what it says (it is a gallery for non-divers with explanation of where the animals live). Enjoy :smile:

The adress is : http://eocean.free.fr/bio/ceph/

um...

Architeuthis
Registered
:shock:

Anyone looking for some new desktop wallpaper? :notworth: That 5th Octopus vulgaris photo is my personal favourite.

Scubacastor

Cuttlefish
Registered
Thanks for your comments :smile:

If some of you want "high-res" pics (1600x1200) from this album, keep me posted and I will put them somewhere on a website for download :wink:

Next dive is tonight, I hope to see some squids but I think they won't be difficult to find :mrgreen:

Cyrus

Blue Ring
Registered
Ceph'tour 2003-04 album

super funtastic album, absolutely my favourite! keep up the good scubaphotograhic work! :smile:

Lisa

Hatchling
Registered
Les photos sont tres jolies!

Very impressive photos! I felt a great sense of awe while looking at these pictures. It reminded me of how moved I was as a little girl when watching tv programs about Jacques Cousteau's underwater adventures.

Can you tell us more about your diving experience? Are you a professional diver and photographer?

I have always wanted to learn how to scuba dive and your photos made me want to join a scuba class as soon as possible. I am looking into classes now. Thanks for the inspiration.

Scubacastor

Cuttlefish
Registered
Thank you for your interests. It's a pleasure to see you like my pictures :notworth:

It's just a hobby for me. I am a recreationnal diver - just diving for fun :wink: - but I like underwater photography and videography ! :wink:

After squids this winter, it is now time for cuttle-fishes to come where I dive and after cuttle-fishes, we will see many octopuses !!! :biggrin2:

More photos to come... soon ! :biggrin2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak