octopus symbolism?

luca_lass

Hatchling
Registered
Hi! I need some information about the symbolism of the octopus. I know, from my art teacher, that the octopus is a symbol of intelligence, loneliness and maternal care (in art class we had to pick a symbol, object or animal which would represent each one of us, and mold it out of clay, so I chose the octopus, and asked my teacher of it's symbolism), but I need more detailed information. I plan to use it in my art projects :tentacle2: , and I also want to design my own future tattoo :wink: . If you guys know anything pleeez, tell me. Thanks:heee:

It's also been used as an allegorical symbol for organizations that "reach into a lot of things." I think there was a book critical of the railroad barons called "The Octopus," for example, and people have posted cartoons from WW2 representing the Nazis and/or Fascists as an octopus reaching out to all of Europe.

of course there's this:

Octopus & Propaganda

remember, a lot of interesting things can be found by actually looking at the forums instead of relying on recent post/post since last visit.... :smile:

stickys can be our friends....

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back