Boy, 3, bitten by octopus
[SIZE=-1]NEWS.com.au, Australia - 39 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A THREE-year-old boy is in intensive care after a bite from a deadly octopus at a south-east Queensland beach. Jane Moss said today ... [/SIZE]
Do any of you remember seeing a show on PBS about 20 years ago called Ring of Fire? A couple of brothers were traveling around Indonesia (maybe other places too, I don't remember), filming as they went. In one segment one of the brothers was playing with a bluering he was holding in the palm of his hand. It was only later that they found out what it was and how deadly it's toxin could be....very lucky guy.
I believe they were the Blair brothers. A couple English kids with a camera who explored the former Dutch Indies. They showed the blue-ring footage to David Attenborough and he jumped from his seat cursing them both for their ignorance. In all fairness, they were gentle with their blue-ring. The one brother held still and let it explore him at leisure. It flashed colours but was interested, not aggressive. Talk about lucky, man. I think they were the Blairs. They did some great stuff sailing with the Dyaks.