• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

new lurker in the cephalo-hood

trelanea

Hatchling
Registered
Hi all! Just came across this community/magazine and I'm just tickled to meet other people who love cute squishy sucky invertebrates! WHEE I am particularly fond of cephalopods, nudibranchs, and cnidarians.

I recently graduated from Oregon State University with a bachelors degree in zoology, and one in biology. However Oregon's job market [tonmo edit: "sucks" will do :smile: ], so I remain unemployed. I've decided to go to graduate school for a PhD. Anyone have any good recommendations of west coast grad programs in biology, marine biology, or zoology?? I looked up some today but word of mouth is always good too.

~Paige
:boat:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Welcome to Tonmo, Paige...interesting review of the Oregon job market...don't know if I have heard that one yet ! :lol:
Check with Dr. SOS...he is our academic wizard...good hunting!
Greg

um...

Architeuthis
Registered
:welcome:, Paige! This squishy sucky invertebrate is just tickled to meet you, too.

Hope you get connected.

Welcome Paige, and good luck! There are graduate research proposals in the science forums, and that would give you an idea of what's desirable to at least one academic scientist....

Melissa

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Welcome trelanea! I kinda had to edit your post there, you know, family-friendly site and all...

:police:

Lovely art on your Website! Glad you're here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasjedlicka

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak