• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

New graduate student

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Awesome and congrats on the upcoming coursework! Thanks for joining TONMO, I hope you'll find it helpful in your studies. Keep us posted on your learning journey :thumbsup:

TheSeeker

Blue Ring
Registered
Anyone who wants to learn is far from old. I wish you the best of luck, I also want to go back to school when I retire...Looking forward to it, even though I am too young to retire:cautious:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
LOL, I wish I believed I could pass a refresher course! At least we are working on getting out boat back on the lake!

LOL, I wish I believed I could pass a refresher course! At least we are working on getting out boat back on the lake!
PADI certification is permanent; however, I got my Advanced Open Water in 1999, and haven’t dived since.
The refresher course is TOTALLY online, with one day of pool work, and the course is very basic and intuitive. In ‘99, we had to use dive tables. Everything is computerized and (allegedly) idiot-proof now. Call your local dive shop.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
LOL, my PADI open water license is so old that they cannot verify it by number. I do have that and my Y cards to prove I am certified but they challenge the ID of the young woman in the photo until I point out the cert date :old:. I have taken a couple of quick in pool refreshers but, truthfully, I am no longer a strong enough swimmer to do much more than snorkel.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtledragon

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak