• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Lovecraftian Question

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I went searching in the tangled web of Post Xmas Sales but couldnt find a decent target for my gift cards and store credits, so i ask the greater TONMO community, Is there a definitive collection of Lovecraft's works?? at best i can only find books that have maybe 10-15 stories, or only his most popular ones....

any help is appreciated :read:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
As far as I know, there isn't any one volume that contains all of his work (be a heck of a big book!), but there are a bunch of collections, and I think that by getting three of them, you pretty much run the gamut...Del Rey puts out the most varied of stories (book 1:bloodcurdling tales of horror and the macabre, book 2:the road to madness, book 3:dreams of terror and death )
If you want to read more Cthulhu stuff, I heartily recommend : Chaosium Fictions series...Lovecraft, Stephen King, Alan Dean Foster, William Murray and more...fanstastic stories !
I have purchased all of these at Waldenbooks and Borders, so they shouldn't be too hard to get !
Good hunting !
Greg

Emperor

GPO
Registered
You could get them all online via the H.P. Lovecraft library:

www.gizmology.net/lovecraft/

but the page(s) are down while the main site is up and working so its possible the long legal wrangle with the Lovecraft estate came off badly.

[edit: You can still get HTML versions here:

http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/

I think I have a lot of the PDFs from the closed library and I'm sure if you wanted a specific version someone could probably dig it up]

Emps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneMom6800

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak