• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

just a little update

Hi,
I just wanted to keep up dated with tonmo because I haven't posted in a wile. well a few months ago bubbles my octopus passed away because of extreme filter problems. He still lasted longer than people had said he would. recently I bought a 90 gallon tall glass tank and am planning to turn it into a reef. after that is set up some time with in 2 months. but that's not why I'm hear I also am going to order a 55 gallon tank and try another octopus. I have a 30 gallon food/quarantine tank and a RO filter waiting so I'm expecting 4 moths to mature the new tank so probably about 6 months before I look at buying an octopus.

also please don't leave negative posts it really bothers me. that was the reason I haven't visited much :tomato:

Hi Clownfish,

Sounds like you are being extra careful this time. Good Luck!

I just started setting up my 29 gallon feeder tank, spent the day rinsing gravel and sand. Got a RO/DI filter and after a few leaks, got it working. Will be setting up a 55 gallon for a cuttle soon, so we are leading parallel lives :smile: