Illinois Fisherman Catches Octopus at Lake Conway

What an odd story...

If someone had the skills to care for an octopus to the point where it became too big for his/her tank, you'd think that s/he'd know enough about ceph care to NOT throw it in a lake...

Something's fishy...

:goldfish:

tonmo said:
What an odd story...

If someone had the skills to care for an octopus to the point where it became too big for his/her tank, you'd think that s/he'd know enough about ceph care to NOT throw it in a lake...

Something's fishy...

:goldfish:

Yep it reeks like :oshea: 's gummys after a whale stranding!! :biggrin2:

J

i think that the whole thing has to be a hoax, An octopus wouldn't last 10 mins in freshwater. I bet that the octopus was either discarded from a restraunt or something like that.

It wouldn't have been alive...
Tony's right that anyone keeping one as a pet would know that FW would kill it

Perhaps the octo keeper just flushed his toilet, er, I mean his tank !
:lol: Greg

I don't wish to cast aspersions or point fingers but my best guess is that it is a hoax carried out by the guy who found it.

How long do our experts think an octopus would survive in freshwater? If it isn't very long and he claims it was alive when he found it I'd suspect that he had a dead one on his hands (pos. from a friend finding one washed up on a beach in Florida or having one that died) and didn't know what to do with it.

The history of lake monster sightings at Lake Conway would have provided the final push for the idea (something like 'hey we have a dead octopus what shall we do with it?').

Emps

Emperor said:
I don't wish to cast aspersions or point fingers but my best guess is that it is a hoax carried out by the guy who found it.

How long do our experts think an octopus would survive in freshwater? If it isn't very long and he claims it was alive when he found it I'd suspect that he had a dead one on his hands (pos. from a friend finding one washed up on a beach in Florida or having one that died) and didn't know what to do with it.

The history of lake monster sightings at Lake Conway would have provided the final push for the idea (something like 'hey we have a dead octopus what shall we do with it?').

Emps

An octopus wouln't survive very long...........maybe 10 mins (Steve gotta more educated guess than mine???). That octi looks live to me. The colour is wrong for a dead one. Anyone know what happened to it?

J

I was thinking the same thing. The octo was red which means it was mad! I would like to know what happened to it too.

Carol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back