• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Drop by to say hi!

GeNoMe

Hatchling
Registered
the name's mizol. i'm new in octo so i might need some help. got a 55gallons tank n juz introduce an octo to it 2 days ago. didnt knw wat species he/she is but i'll post the pics as soon as i gets 1. really excited abt it n i havent had any sleep since. i feeds it wit cockles but the thing is how do i keep them fresh n alive since i got them frm d wet market?

Mizol

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
:welcome: to TONMO.com GeNoMe!!

I'm not sure exactly how to keep cockles alive but i've just read that like clams, cockles bury themselves in the sand. You could try leaving a few in the tank and leave them for the octo to feed on. Or if you have a sump, you could keep them there too.I hope this helps and feel free to post if you have other questions...

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Welcome to Tonmo!!! Look forward to seeing the pics...
greg

GeNoMe

Hatchling
Registered
thanx

thanx 4 ur reply......yea, i guess ur right. it did bury itself in the sand. GenX, datz wat i named my octo, is really a smart one. i saw GenX stalk on the cockles til it open n grab it wit its tentecles. i'm really amazed on wat diz creatures do to feed.

Mizol

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
:welcome: GeNoMe,

Sounds like GenX is a healthy octo, always glad to hear that. Pics would be great!

Glad you're here --

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hi and welcome to TONMO.com!

And welcome to GenX, too!

You can come over to our Ceph Car Forum and ask all your questions, and there's a place for you to enter your tank and octopus - The Octo Database. You can find these by clicking on the buttons above.

Do you have a sump with your tank, or a stand alone tank? You'll probably be able to feed your octo some shrimp - even frozen shrimp that's been thawed.

Nancy

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctoLover35

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak