• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Ceph Alert! All UK TONMO users MUST buy today's Guardian - CEPH WALLCHART FREE!

Hello Cephfans

Just thought I'd point out that today's (30th June) issue of The Guardian Newspaper in the UK has a free giant nature wallchart of Octopus, squid and Cuttlefish. The painitngs appear to be from the early 20th cent (according to a colleague and birdfan the birds are painted more upright and slimmer than they are today, a fashion of the time apparently). It's a nice chart and will brighten up your room/office/submersible. here's a pic of today's cover. If nothing else it's nice to see the headline 'Octopus and Squid' on top of a national daily.

http://digital.guardian.co.uk/

I don't work for the Guardian by the way.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I'm sure all of the Tonmo members in England will be more than happy to provide us with some pics...right? Hey, guys?

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Thanks Capn, didn't notice this when I was in WHSmiths earlier. Luckily my corner shop still had one this afternoon, so thanks for the pointer.

Rather good, isn't it?

here's a quick scan, it is a big wallchart, so this is just an A4 area of it (about 29cm x 21cm)

Attachments

• conv_289302.jpg
    conv_289302.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 48

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
In full.

Attachments

• conv_289303.jpg
    conv_289303.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 48