• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Ammonoid Correlation & Time Charts

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
This link will take you to the latest

Geologic Time Scale

from the International Union of Geologic Sciences (on NORGES site).

Devonian thru Cretaceous detailed charts (PDF files) show ammonoid zonation and correlation worldwide. You should be able to date all your fossil cephs to within a few million years :biggrin2:

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Thanks very much for this useful chart, Kevin. I've made it 'sticky' so it will remain at the top of the threads for reference along with some of the other resource-orientated threads.

Interesting that it now denotes 'Ediacaran' as a period in its own right in the Lower Cambrian as was determined last year.

um...

Architeuthis
Registered
This is fabulous, Kevin; I don't have anything close to this good in any of my books or bookmakred websites.

:notworth:

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Here are a few more. If, like me, you are used to seeing colors according to the USGS. :wink: Not as detailed as the first link.

Stratigraphy.org

select Time Scale Charts.

The time scale comparison charts are very interesting. Amazing to see how the geologic time scale has changed over the last century.

The Geowhen database is also very useful as not all papers conform to the new 2004 timescale, it helps correlate worldwide stages and some NW europe faunal stages.

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Check out the new Time Scale Generator at Stratigraphy.org
(blinking in the lower right corner)
It saves the image as an .svg file and you will need the latest Java

Attachments

• conv_288791.jpg
    conv_288791.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 58

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
I can't see anything attached to your message, Fossilkid.

If you have found any ammonites you are most welcome to post images and details in the fossil forum.

Welcome too!:welcome:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak