• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

20,000 Leagues & the Ceph Media

I have been collecting a number of these different items and media for a while now. Some I own, some I am looking for. They do not really fit into my Ceph Furniture, or Ceph Jewelry threads.

Still, I thought 20,000 Leagues is such a rich vein to tap especially with all of its variants into books, movies, children's sets, and such that I would start a thread for it.

After all, we are the ceph central site (try that illiteration!). I thought Culture & Entertainment the fitting place for a thread of such media.

20,000 Leagues...Comic

Another comic submitted for your approval...

This one is by Classics Illustrated. Calssics Illustrated did about 5 variants of these. I own a couple of them already.

The art is not bad. A little campy, granted, but not bad.

Personally I think the cover looks like an old Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew mystery...

Attachments

20,000 Leagues...Absolute Vodka Ad

Aye, submariners, this would seem to be way off course.

All this is, is an ad for Absolute. All it uses (in the traditional Absolute minimalist way) is a bottle and a tentacle. Boom! Emotinal, evocative, and with very little prompting.

That's the beautiful thing about these little monstros that we love. They are very emotive of the ocean. They are quick to symbolize the water and all that it entails.

Attachments

20,000 Leagues...Record

This is a fun little piece which should remind some of us older people of our childhoods in the early 70's.

This was put out by Golden Records and is a record set (they normally had a book that came wit it and one would turn the page when there was a beep).

Attachments

20,000 Leagues...Game

Here is another oldie...

It's "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea the Game".

Of course, it's put out by Disney which is why the ship is so familiar. Check out the ceph in the lower, left hand.

Attachments

20,000 Leagues...Children's Book

This was actually pretty neat.

It is from Eyewitness Classics and gives the child a lot of little inclusios in the margins. Everything from the path the ship took to seal life, under water forests, and historical ships.

It was also sponsored by Chic-fil-A.

Attachments

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan