• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Yourfishstore.com

blatta70

Hatchling
Registered
Hello, this is Mark. Hope everyone here is doing well. I have two O. bocki that I've obtained from saltwaterfish.com and are both doing great. Anyhow, I've happened upon Your Fish Store (yourfishstore.com) while online and was wondering if anyone here has purchased from them or had any experiences with the company? Their site claims to have several species of octopus, nautilus, cuttlefish eggs and squid eggs for sale now. Even though shipping is supposedly free with every livestock purchase, the costs have obviously been incorporated into the overall price per animal, some of which seem rediculously high while others are surprisingly reasonable. I would appreciate any thoughts and comments. I've read a few Yelp reviews from some years back but none were very good, mainly shipping related issues. One reviewer stated that the company had closed down in 2015 but from what I can tell their site seems active and has been staying updated. Perhaps they have recently reopened. So far, I've called them with no answer and sent an email. So far no reply other than an automated response. Hope to hear from some of you.

p.s. If anyone is looking for very cheap and healthy live fiddler crabs for feeding their cephs and can't find any, check out livebrineshrimp.com. They sell for $3 a dozen or less when purchasing larger quantities. I bought 10 dozen shipped 2-day usps and they arrived in great condition. The batch I received consists of 3 species: Uca pugilator, U. pugnax and U. panacea.

Mark

I don't remember ever hearing about this company but their Facebook page has not been updated since August 2015. If they don't answer emails or phone calls, personally, I would pass them by.

I don't remember ever hearing about this company but their Facebook page has not been updated since August 2015. If they don't answer emails or phone calls, personally, I would pass them by.
Thanks D for your reply. I figured the whole thing was fishy and too good to be true which is why I asked. I'll keep you posted if they respond. So far, nothing.

Mark

Hi i was looking into this site for an octopus but same thing no response to 3 emails and i called them numerous times with no answer.. I would not buy from anyone that i cant contact. Especially not even through email. They want $180 for a common octopus which is way overpriced. Thanks Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back