YOG-SOTHOTH LIVES.... somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico?

Well, I had no idea where to post this (non-ceph) invertebrate photo, but since I first found it on a Lovecraftian mailing list, I decided that the Cthulhu Forum would be an appropriate place.

This critter is actually a swimming sea cucumber called Enypniastes, and the photo was taken by researchers at a depth of 2,750 meters in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Of course, it's actually pretty small -- but I can't help thinking that if some enterprising aquarist could grow it to the size of an aircraft carrier, Lovecraftians all over the world would be ecstatic:

And It Probably Thinks We Look Weird Too

Dad says he wants his ashes scattered at the South Pole. I've already told him it's MADNESS! That little thing really looks exactly like the descriptions of those guys on the mountains. Now even the Gulf isn't safe... Was it really a BP oil spill, or is Cthulu rising?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back