"Yo quiero TAKO" - Cephs in anime, and worldwide

Midnight? Ooff...hopefully I will get a tvo this christmas...waaay past my hours of staying up !

I didn't see this thread till now.. anyway, better late than never. :smile:

I post to say that I have some ANIME episodes (AVI format), different
shows: eg. DBZ, Galaxy Angels, GundamX, Chans Ribbon and more.

If anyone wants copies I'd be happy to upload to wherever works for u.

atticus finch

Then there's the apocalypse episode where Stewie turns into a half-octopus mutant!

Incidentally, the pirate ghost episode of Venture Brothers featured a giant clam, but I saw no other molluscs. Terrific show!

sorry if i wasn't supposed to bump this topic. (some forums have rules against bumping topics more than a week old.) i spotted some ceph refrences in my (translated) ranma 1/2 mangas.

if you don't understand the story, i suggest reading this. it should give you a basic idea.

obligatory censorship warning: please note that ranma 1/2 is rated T+ (for older teens). the manga and anime themselves contain nudity and mild alcohol/drug use, but i *think* you should be okay with that site. and no, it's not tentacle hentai.

and now, on with the refrences...

-a female octopus becomes smitten with happosai (one of the characters) at the end of the "love pill" story. (don't ask)
-in the "hinako intro" story, hinako-sensei (another character) is spotted eating tako-yaki, in front of a cart that says "osaka style takoyaki". as a side note, said cart has a cute octo logo.
-there is a short storyline revolving around a rogue octopus pot. (again, it might be better not to ask...)
-there is a spring-of-drowned-octopus in jusenkyo. taro (another character) uses it to add tentacles to his already-motley cursed form.

wish i could provide scans, but i don't understand my scanner at all.

oops.

it was "taste of osaka takoyaki".

my mistake.

edit: what? you mean there's an edit button? :oops:
don't mind me, i'm just going to go bang my head against a wall...

in the 'spooky fish' episode of south park, there's a demonic octo among the critters at the Indian Burial Ground Pet Store...

i hang my head in shame by admitting to have watched another episode of American Dad...

There was an orange octopus playing the drums at the Gun-oriented theme park....

There was an earlier post about squidbillies. It's back on sunday and thursday on adult swim. American Dad is ok but it isn't as good as Family Guy. The evil monkey in the closet rules.:evil:

Speaking of "Family Guy", Stewie has a stuffed octopus in his room. Oops. someone already mentioned that...

In the early episodes of "Great Teacher Onizuka", Mr. Onizuka qucikly makes a sand-sculpture of a squid-like creature to impress a student.

I didn't know there were Anime fans here. nice!:biggrin2:

I didn't have time to go right through all the posts (as I reall should be doing coursework... sshhhhh) but Masamune Shirow has done some funny octopod-like critters, and I'm sure they've popped up in the original manga of Ghost in the Shell, and I think the second one; Man-Machine Interface, as programs and the like. Probably also featured in the anime version, Stand-Alone Complex here and there too.

erm... I know the Guyver armour had tentacles, and I'm sure I remember some sort of Mecha as well, but I can't think from where. Maybe Gundam... probably Bubblegum Crisis.

A character in Appleseed (manga, andime and CG anime) called Briareos or Briareus.

Running out of ideas here... erm... distraction ploy: Hey, what did folks think of Nausicaa? I've never read the manga, but I thought the movie was top-notch. Myazaki seems to be able to hammer the point home about environmental protection, and yet still make these fantastical, epic worlds! Amazing stuff.

Graeme

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back