"Yo quiero TAKO" - Cephs in anime, and worldwide

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
i hang my head in shame by admitting to have watched another episode of American Dad...

There was an orange octopus playing the drums at the Gun-oriented theme park....

There was an earlier post about squidbillies. It's back on sunday and thursday on adult swim. American Dad is ok but it isn't as good as Family Guy. The evil monkey in the closet rules.:evil:

Speaking of "Family Guy", Stewie has a stuffed octopus in his room. Oops. someone already mentioned that...

In the early episodes of "Great Teacher Onizuka", Mr. Onizuka qucikly makes a sand-sculpture of a squid-like creature to impress a student.

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
in the cowboy bebop movie, there's an octo floating around in ed's hacking program...

Graeme

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I didn't know there were Anime fans here. nice!:biggrin2:

I didn't have time to go right through all the posts (as I reall should be doing coursework... sshhhhh) but Masamune Shirow has done some funny octopod-like critters, and I'm sure they've popped up in the original manga of Ghost in the Shell, and I think the second one; Man-Machine Interface, as programs and the like. Probably also featured in the anime version, Stand-Alone Complex here and there too.

erm... I know the Guyver armour had tentacles, and I'm sure I remember some sort of Mecha as well, but I can't think from where. Maybe Gundam... probably Bubblegum Crisis.

A character in Appleseed (manga, andime and CG anime) called Briareos or Briareus.

Running out of ideas here... erm... distraction ploy: Hey, what did folks think of Nausicaa? I've never read the manga, but I thought the movie was top-notch. Myazaki seems to be able to hammer the point home about environmental protection, and yet still make these fantastical, epic worlds! Amazing stuff.

Graeme

Latest Posts