• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

yay new octo!

fishkid6692

Wonderpus
Registered
i went to my lfs today and i saw they had a tiny little octo! i decided i would take it home since i no longer have my other octo. it's mantle is only about an inch long and it's tentacles are about 7-8 inches. it has a lot of webbing on his arms. they said it came from bali. it inked shortly after i put it in my tank because i accidentally scared it while watching it. the lfs said it was always out during the day in there tanks and it stays out in my tank also. any idea what octo it is? thanks! and sorry no pics yet! i tried to get a pic but he didn't like my camera and crawled out of the container and onto my laptop! i couldn't get him off the laptop either! lol i guess he wanted to tell everyone about his new home!

Abdopus aculeatus is typically the "bali octopus" seems like. They do have a relatively small mantle in comparison to their leg length, but I don't recall seeing much webbing on any.

i have been looking at some pictures and i think it may me A. aculeatus. but how big do they get? i think mine may be a babie but i'm not sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back