• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

wunderpus. need some help.

fishkid6692

Wonderpus
Registered
i recently purchased a wunderpus from a lfs. they had 2 and the other was sold already. i know this is highly not recommended. this is my forth octo. the tank in a 34g solana cube. he/she has only come out at night. as soon as the lights come out he comes to the glass. i haven't seen it eat yet. there is 2 emeralds, a peppermint shrimp and the CUC for it now. it's mantle is about 3/4-1 inch and its tentacles are 3-4 inches long. how can i tell if it's a male or female. any advice will be greatly appreciated. thanks!!!

are they nocturnal? because i have only seen her at night. she comes out about 10 minutes after the lights go out and when i go to sleep shes still out. also she still hasn't eaten. shes really active.

Read the other threads! :Grin:
They are crepuscular so they are out in the just before and just after dark.

I almost want to buy her from you to mate to the male I have. :biggrin2:

i've been reading your thread on fontanelle =]. i'm not done yet but i will keep reading. i learned a lot from it. i think within the next week or so i'll be taking down my reef and making it similar to fontanelles tank. i ordered the mineral mud. for now she made her den in the front corner =D. i will post pics tomorrow. she completely buried. and i was thinking the same thing about sending her to you to try and mate them. i've noticed she likes to swim a lot more than the other octos i've kept.

shes out of her den this morning. her den didn't cave in like i thought it would. she used an empty hermit shell to cover the opening. i still haven't seen her eat.

shes been out for a while. heres some pics. sorry for the bad pics.

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back