• You are viewing our Exotics and Rare Species forum. Please review our Forum Guidelines and Cephalopod Care Ethics Statement to ensure you are appraised of the dangers and considerations related to pursuing exotics and rare species as an aquarist. Threads in this forum are not featured on our homepage.
  • Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.

Wunderpus journal

fang

Blue Ring
Registered
Sorry for the lack of updates lately been a little busy. She got bored of frozen scallops and shrimp so back to an only crab diet for now. Still doing really well though. As of tomorrow she will be in my care for exactly 2 months!

Attachments

• image (10).jpg
    image (10).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

fang

Blue Ring
Registered
I would also like to add that I have a mysid shrimp colony breeding inside the aquarium lol. They came in on the live rock I added when I first set up the aquarium and now there is so many of them.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
I would also like to add that I have a mysid shrimp colony breeding inside the aquarium lol. They came in on the live rock I added when I first set up the aquarium and now there is so many of them.
wow, that is great! Is that a feeder source for her?

fang

Blue Ring
Registered
wow, that is great! Is that a feeder source for her?
They seem too small. I wouldnt fully rule it out though for the adult mysids but I have never seen her eat them. But they do breed readily so that would be really good if she did eat some haha.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
very cool - let us know if she does! Appreciate the update :thumbsup: - and keep up the great work!

fang

Blue Ring
Registered
It has been almost 3 months since she has been in my care! Still doing well, she will accept frozen but will not eat a lot of it. I mainly use it as a supplemental feed when I can’t get crabs due to the weather near me recently. I have not seen her eat any of the mysid shrimp. I attached a video of her eating hopefully it works. Let me know if there are any problems loading it.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.MP4
    23.2 MB · Views: 0