• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Wunderpus 2 - a nice ethics story

What's the feminine of Neil?

Back to wunderpus - much against my prediction, she has cleaned out the burrow/den and is in it again! I am giddy. :biggrin2: Last time she dug in late at night 10ish my time, its now 7. Hopefully she'll continue to use the den!

No worries- definitely a female.

She has still be using her burrow. Up every morning to eat, back into the burrow to nap, and the same in the evening.

I am off on a 1 week vacation, and our house sitter not only knows how to care for her, but she will be making daily notes. :biggrin2: Hopefully all will go well.

Other news - I have been asked to speak at a reefing convention about cephs, and they are very happy to have me speak about appropriate animals in the trade. At the events I have been to this year, sustainability has actually been a running theme. I think its good that people are talking instead trying to hide that certain animals are collected, hoping that somehow the collection stops. The more we know and share, the better for everyone. I hope! :smile:

Have a nice vacation, well earned!

When you know more about your talk, we'd be interested in the details.

And I think what you're doing is the way to go - have someone whom you've trained to check the tank every day .

Nancy

Cool, Rich -- looking forward to hearing about your speech!

If there are any TONMOers in the area on that weekend, might be a good excuse for a mini-con...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back