WTB ceph safe equipment -

Hayek

GPO
Registered
I'm looking for a filter, skimmer, and other goodies necessary for keeping an octopus for a 55g tank. Normally I would just buy them used from craigslist or ebay, but I can't take the chance that any nefarious chemicals have been used in the tank. If anyone has a filter, skimmer, sump, etc etc that is safe for cephs, you can either pm me or post the price and model in this thread.

I'm setting up the tank from scratch and am looking for just about everything I need.

Thanks!

If I were you, I'd spend 50 bucks or so and build a DIY refugium. A 20 gallon or so would work. It would end up saving you a good bit of money and they really aren't too hard to build by any means.

I'm looking into building or buying one. I wasn't sure whether I need a refugium so I was going to hold off until my copy of cephs for the home aquarium gets here and I can determine exactly what the set up will look like.

Well, a refugium will help reduce nitrates naturally. You won't have as much of a need for a wet/dry if you're using live rock as the rock will provide the most biological filtration. Along with a skimmer, a refugium is the best way to go IMO.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back