Would you come to TONMOcon at Monterey, Aug. 5-7, 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BAH, sorry, not me... Money and time just isnt with us this year... :frown:

Greg,

Truthfully, once I'm in Monterey and Tonmocon is GO, I really don't think I'll want to leave town for anything else, unless I take the short trip over to Carmel for lunch or dinner or something. There's a lot to see even without all the cephalopod discourse going-on; won't want to miss a thing!

Erich

I agree with you completely...we all have a ton of talk to squeeze into just a few days...I plan on being sleep deprived the entire time!!
Good luck on the phone!
greg

Group rates at hotels are already on my to-do list.

Wine tasting sounds lovely, Joy. I think Erich is right - those with limited time will not want to leave Monterey. We'll see how the scheduling goes. I'm sure that those with more time will be very interested in visiting the alpacas.

Melissa

What are the future plans for TONMOCON?

With the international group we've assembled here, it seems that TONMOCON should be held in different location each time, so that more people have a chance to attend.

Nancy

Nancy,

I second that! Frankly, a Euro-Tonmocon for the future sounds great, as would an Australasian-Tonmocon! Not forgetting the East Coast as well...

Erich

I'm hearing about wine tasting, etc... I am fourteen, but this is a great idea. Sadly, my better judgement takes over, and I would view myself as nothing but a tag-along to hinder all the adults.

On the other hand, talking on a professional level with ceph experts sounds really cool; I'll be thinking about it the next couple of months.

-Squidman-

Carol,

Glad to see you on the "Yes" list in the poll! I'm still waiting for confirmation from the aquarium, but the Monterey Conference Center has been holding a space for us for the last two weeks, and now knows that we're very serious. The aquarium also knows that we're definitely planning on coming. There are some other factors that still need to be ironed-out, such as hotel group rates, but most of these should be concrete with our Monterey liaisons by the beginning of next week. Also, it should be noted that Monterey is a smallish city - more a town, really - so most of the attractions are fairly close together, and prices for lodgings run the gamut from family-friendly up to corporate expense-account-friendly.

Erich

Squidman said:
I'm hearing about wine tasting, etc... I am fourteen, but this is a great idea. Sadly, my better judgement takes over, and I would view myself as nothing but a tag-along to hinder all the adults.

On the other hand, talking on a professional level with ceph experts sounds really cool; I'll be thinking about it the next couple of months.

-Squidman-
Squidman, hope you can make it. Each of us as individuals are tag-alongs, together we make a team of ceph-heads. :wink:

Agreed, and for all of our talk, we are mostly just that...we shall spend most of our time talking...so you , Sir Squidman, are more than welcome to join in !!!
This is going to rock !
greg

Squidman,

Definitely try to make it down! Tony and Greg summed-it up perfectly; you'd be a welcome addition!

Just bring a set of ear-plugs for when we get on our rants...LOL

Man, this would be a dream come true. I can't wait to get my tentacles wrapped around all that information in such short time period. A couple of people have asked me to build a squid for them after seeing Big Red, and this would make it ten times easier. Plus the fact that the new Ceph exhibit is opening up in May. Can't wait.

I really am looking forward to this - particularly a :wine: and handshake with many, and a :yelling: at Greg!

I'm thinking of placing an Architeuthis tentacle club on ebay to raise funds to get Kat over too. Who thinks that this is a good idea (seriously; I mean ... I've never done anything like this, and feel bad about it ... selling something to benefit science/a community). If I did do this it wouldn't be transparent at all - you would know who did it, and I would identify myself as selling it 'for science/research advancement' purposes. It's a tough one. Your counsel appreciated.

Where's that Regal-footed Right-Honourable Sir Dr Ummmm..... stand in all of this? Surely if we can make it over from NZ then this chappy can make it from Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back