Would you come to TONMOcon at Monterey, Aug. 5-7, 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to do this but i must change my 'maybe' to a 'no'.... just cant justify spending the cash in the middle of a job hunt....

Is there a cost for the event if so please let us in on prices. Will food be provided ofcourse at a cost. Is there any specials as far as hotels go or are we on our own. I plan to attend with 2 kids and my handicable husband so I need this info prior to the even.

[URL2=[URL]http://www.tonmo.com/tonmocon/tonmocon.php]Here's[/URL] the registration form[/URL2]; it contains the info you're seeking (price does not include food -- we'll need to fend for ourselves during a lunch break). The revised agenda will be posted very soon -- hope to see you there! (assuming you're not actually who your username claims you are) :smile:

Hello devilseedchild

Children are welcome but not free. Adults pay $30 and under 18s pay $20. How old are your children?

The conference center handled bids on group rates, but most of the bids came from outside Monterey or were not different from the hotel packages with aquarium tickets included. I reserved a room at a chain hotel on Thursday.

Friday afternoon there is a tour of the MBARI facility, outside Monterey at Moss Landing. This is a real treat, but everyone must wear shoes that protect their feet - no sandles around the heavy equipment! 1 pm.

Saturday is at the convention center, followed by the aquarium on Sunday. Aquarium entry and food are separate. We did not try to include aquarium entry because some attendees are members who do not pay admission to go to the aquarium and many hotels have arrangements with the aquarium to include aquarium admission with the hotel package. Everyone with TONMO will be able to pay group rates at the aquarium, which is just under $20 for adults and a few dollars less for seniors and students.

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back