Would you come to TONMOcon at Monterey, Aug. 5-7, 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monterey is in California and has a lot of marine research happening. There is the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which won't sell fish, their research institute where they make underwater equipment to monitor the ocean, and the local high school has an oceanography department. It's very close to Berkeley, where there is more marine bio research.

But you could probably find a local fish store closer to home.

Melissa

CIAC is the Cephalopod International Advisory Council. Huge meeting of science people talking about squid, octopus, cuttlefish and nautalis.
Hope to see you there Jean. I've put my name down already.

:mrgreen:
I'm all for a Baltimore Cephcon someday.. or an aquarium trip for that matter?.. locals? anyone?
-Paul
(I would LOVE a Tonmocon T-shirt tho.. count on me for one XL)

So, how many people are we expecting to be there?

It's looking like I'll be hitting the aquarium on friday, going to the lectures on Saturday, and leaving Saturday night. I have to be at a wedding in Orange County on Sunday morning. I'm waiting to hear from two other members of my party before I sign up, so I doubt I'm going to get to do the MBARI tour, but that's okay.

So, it's been stated that this will be at the Monterrey Convention Center. Is this place also known as the Monterey Conference Center, at One Portola Plaza? It looks like tonmocon is not on their online event calender. If I ended up in the wrong place and had to ask where the discussions on giant tentacled monsters of the deep and sacrifices to the Great Old Ones were taking place, I might create an atmosphere of uneasiness.

PurpleTentacle said:
So, how many people are we expecting to be there?

It's looking like I'll be hitting the aquarium on friday, going to the lectures on Saturday, and leaving Saturday night. I have to be at a wedding in Orange County on Sunday morning. I'm waiting to hear from two other members of my party before I sign up, so I doubt I'm going to get to do the MBARI tour, but that's okay.

Purple Tentacle, you may be able to do both if you go to the aquarium in the morning and take the second tour of MBARI.

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back