• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Words of wisdom welcomed.

joefish84 said:
nowadays saltwater is actually easier to keep than fresh so if your willing to go with salt and just have the patience for the cycling etc then do it because its alot more interesting than fresh water

I disagree that salt is easier than fresh. :biggrin2:

Yeah Rich, I don't think that is entirely accurate either. It is a lot easier to get started than it used to be but its never gotten easier

Easier???? I don't even filter most of my freshwater tanks...just let the plants do the work.
Yeah, I would have to say that salt is waaaaay more labor intensive.

Sorceress, there are no more snakes in GV than anywhere else in AZ...but some of the rarest live there !!

greg

i dont filter any of my saltwater tank i just let the rock do the work!!!! i only touch my reef tank like every 2 days and thats just to add water, reefbuilder or calcium, and feed fish thats it though

sorseress said:
I didn't mean for that to post, I wasn't finished. Now it looks like I'm saying to Greg "I know you, Shudder!" Not what I meant at all. I am NOT a huge fan of venomous snakes, and considering that our landscaping is all desert...lots of rocks...we'll probably have plenty. I'm also not a huge fan of those nasty little white scorpions, and we'll probably have those too. Oh well, at least we won't have 2 story high gutters that need to be cleaned out several times a year (one of the drawbacks to living in the middle of the woods).
Erich told me that the main reason you want to live in Green Valley is because it has so many snakes. Of course, he told me this after we bought our house.
but its the black widows you have to watch out for....
MWAHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back